Family

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kidney Stones

Argghh! So yesterday I got up to leave for Target when my side started hurting. CRAP! I knew it was another kidney stone. I cried before the pain got severe because I have been through all of this before and it's the worst thing, the worst pain, and I couldn't believe that it was happening again. Kelli and Wade were the only pregnancies that I had them with and now this one. So there I was sitting in my van crying and trying not to move. Any movement or vibrations can send it into full blown, I'm screaming, not crying, and in full panic. I knew I was stuck until it either subsided or I was calling 911. Thankfully, Mason knows when I am crying on the phone, he is to rush home. I am no where near a crier so it's a red flag for him. He came home and I tried to pass the stone on my own instead of going to the ER. I have too many kids with too much school activities to be in a hospital this week. So I drank a 2 liter of coke within 30 minutes and 6 oz of blended raw asparagus. I love coke but hate asparagus. I ended up with two sips of asparagus and denied the rest. BUT after awhile I could feel movement in my ureter and since then I have been sore. So sorry Wendy for missing our meeting last night but I was bed bound. Thanks Heavens thats over..

4 comments:

Darcy said...

So sorry to hear about your pain...no fun at all. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You definitely don't deserve any more pain in your life. I think you've had more than your fair share. Take care of yourself. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Shelly said...

I had kidney stones too with my last pregnancy. It wasn't fun and the ER sent me to Labor and Delivery. I knew I wasn't in labor and it was such a long process to get pain meds. No fun! I hope you are feeling better now!

Scarcy Family said...

Ok, so now you're having breathing problems?? What's going on? I hope everything is ok. You're poor little body. Call me if you feel up to talking. Love ya!!1

Conforti Family said...

i thought you were going to update? where are the new pics?